Saturday, April 25, 2015

Value Minded: Todays Kudos & Encouragement (Sat 4-25-15)



Good Morning Value Minded Friends,

I am always so encouraged to see that the big sales happen every day.

Sometimes when I pull in a massive 3fer day and they all topped the charts at $777 each, I do some quick math and realize I only need 128 of those per month to hit my $100K. But then I run into the brick wall of how to generate 128 of them? Thank God our business model is not always a $777 product!! Just in the short time since our pricing model has changed, we are seeing higher average ticket sales AND higher sales percentages. That’s a little counter-intuitive if we are stuck in the “cheaper” mindset. Let’s see what we can do to pull our minds out of the “cheap” mire and set our minds on “quality” and “value”.

Sometimes we need to remind the customer that flooring is the 2nd largest value addition to the home. And not just money value, but perception and feeling good about their home. This truly is an investment in their minds, hearts and pocketbook. I was reminded of this recently when I was showing my wife some Ponce, Townsend and then some Greenwich. I was focused on my pocketbook, she was focused on her “home”. She pointed out to ME that the $$ difference from one to the next was truly minimal compared to the value of the carpets. We can do the same. Let’s not focus on TOTAL cost, but instead look at the difference between good, better & best. Now all of a sudden it is not a $6k vs. $7.5k investment, it’s only a $1500 decision … see what we did there?  (BTW: looks like we are getting Greenwich)

"Price is what you pay. Value is what you get." - Warren Buffett

Floors By Tomorrow
Auth Rep of Empire Today
Sales Trainer
720-371-2000
Connect with me online:

No comments:

Post a Comment