Friday, July 31, 2015

Relationship Builders: Todays Kudos & Encouragement (Fri 7-31-15)



Good Morning Relationship Builders,

OK, so I have this friend from time past that was really having a hard time figuring out how to start a story he wanted to tell. After hemming and hawing for a minute, he finally blurts out, “So there I was at Kitty South.” (if you don’t get that reference, you are a better person for it). If you do get that reference you can see how funny his story is probably going to be. (the story didn’t matter – just the delivery)

 Well that segues (weakly) into a great idea I read yesterday on a dating site (Don’t ask, I’m happily married) and I felt the idea was great for our business as well (relationship building). It’s one of the most effective business scripts that I will start to recommend to all of my customers.

Immediately after getting a cell phone number of a customer or after leaving the appointment, send them a text message that states, “Amber, it was a pleasure to meet you. Save my phone number in your phone because if you are like me, you don’t answer unrecognized calls. Cheers, Nick.”

Over 90% of the time, we get an almost instant response of something to the effect of, “lol.  I’m so like that too. Will do and it was great to meet you.”

This works because the text makes the customer feel important. It demonstrates that we have the intent to stay in touch with them after our appointment while simultaneously showing that we’re someone that has higher value with an active business life.  I have found this script helps a lot in removing phone flakes because most customers, and any other busy people, really don’t answer unrecognized phone calls.

No customer walks into your business, gives you money and then says, “Dissatisfy me, please.” Aim for 100% customer satisfaction. Bill Quiseng

Floors By Tomorrow
Auth Rep of Empire Today
Sales Trainer
720-371-2000
Connect with me online:

No comments:

Post a Comment