Good Morning Go-Getters,
One of the most common problems we run into owning our own business is procrastination. We know what we want to do and should do. But still we end up spending hours upon hours doing “easier” work or escaping via TV, blogs or music. When I say ‘we’ of course I mean ‘I”, but just in case anyone else happens to do the same thing, I found a nice 7 step process to help us overcome. (I was going after 12 steps, but kind of just blew off the last 5)
1. Stop thinking. Start doing. “To think too long about doing a thing often becomes its undoing.”-Eva Young
2. Don’t blow a task out of proportion. “If you want to make an easy job seem mighty hard, just keep putting off doing it.” - Olin Miller
3. Just take the first step. “You don’t have to see the whole staircase, just take the first step.” -Martin Luther King, Jr.
4. Start with the hardest task of your day. “Do the hard jobs first. The easy jobs will take care of themselves.” -Dale Carnegie
5. Just make a decision. Any decision. “In a moment of decision, the best thing you can do is the right thing to do, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing.” -Theodore Roosevelt
6. Face your fear. “Procrastination is the fear of success. People procrastinate because they are afraid of the success that they know will result if they move ahead now. Because success is heavy, carries a responsibility with it, it is much easier to procrastinate and live on the “someday I’ll” philosophy.” - Denis Waitley
7. Finish it. “Nothing is so fatiguing as the eternal hanging on of an uncompleted task” - William James
“Much of the stress that people feel doesn’t come from having too much to do. It comes from not finishing what they started.” - David Allen
“Just DO IT” – Nike
Please forgive me if I get the names wrong – I’m a little rusty on my Greek Mythology.
NIKE (Dan) was the winged god or "spirit" of victory, both in battle (Home Depot/Carpet Exchange) and peaceful competition (Each Other). When Zeus (Jay) was gathering allies at the start of the Titan War(Flooring Domination in Colorado), Styx (Corby) brought his four children, Nike (Dan), Zelos (Jake), Kratos (Gina) and Bia (Beth) into the service of the god.
Floors By Tomorrow
Auth Rep of Empire Today
Connect with me online:
PS: We are starting to get busier because of all you AMAZING professionals – Gina/Elena are doing an awesome job of getting installs out. Be aware of install schedule availability. Last report – NO Carpet Monday, LIMITED Cer / LVT/LVP Monday (call first, NO Cer / LVT/LVP Tuesday.
PSS: Last 3 weeks of Shawn’s competition