Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Referral Agents: Todays Kudos & Encouragement (Wednesday 6-24-15)



Good Morning Referral Agents,

My mind is kind of blown by that whole #2 in the nation in self gens report yesterday. It got me thinking, “I don’t feel like I am doing anything special.” I just talk to people … constantly. And my opening line is pretty straight forward, “Hey, you been thinking about getting some new carpet or flooring in the near future?” And their answer doesn’t really matter. If yes, then “I would love a chance help you out!!” If No, then “Well now that I’ve asked you’re probably gonna start thinking about it.” Either way, I have a business card ready to hand them.  In my self gen business, just like with Empires leads, people are at all different stages of the buying process. We must constantly be filling our pipelines.

To me it is a numbers game. Now don’t get me wrong, it’s not a numb, mindless quote producing assembly line. Every single person I meet gets 100% of my attention, caring, knowledge and absolute BEST efforts. And though I always give the customer a chance to be a one call close (especially all my ET appts) and order on the spot, I do not do the high pressure, used car salesman thing. Seriously, they do not care how much we know until they know how much we care. I know it sounds cliché, but it’s true.

Once we’ve treated our customers like they are kings & queens, it makes it a lot easier to ask some of these follow up questions and statements for SOLD & QUOTE alike:

"I'm really glad that we’ve met. Thank you for your order.  I'm always looking for referrals and wonder if you know anyone else who might be interested in carpet or flooring."
“We’ve found that people would rather do business with others they know--or know of--than with strangers, who can you think of that might be interested in doing a carpet or flooring project?”
Pre-Ask for referrals: “When I do a great job for you--and I will—will you agree to give me a couple referrals?"
“Thanks for becoming my customer. I have one request. I want you to think of some friends, family, neighbors and colleagues who you think might be interested in a new carpet or flooring project – providing we are as incredible as I’ve been claiming we are. Once I proven to you, beyond all doubt, that we are all that, I’m going ask you for the referrals. Does that sound fair? (MUST FOLLOW UP AFTER INSTALL)

Don't let our own shyness or fear get in the way of building our business. Referrals will get us more clients. And the more referrals we ask for, the more referrals we'll get - just because the customer knows that we want some. It's a small effort for a great reward.

Now, don’t tell anybody this last part, but sometimes, when I am giving discounts, I even offer an additional $100 discount that I call my “bribery discount”. I’ll say something like, “if I gave you an additional $100 off, could you come up with somebody you could refer me to?”  They ALWAYS say YES! And I make a production out of it reminding them “THAT IS REAL MONEY”.  And to sweeten to pot, I’ll even give you the $100 first, then if I am able to help your friend/family out, ET will give you some more referral money (Discover Gift Card) depending on how much they order.”

Sorry for being so wordy today!!
 
“People influence people. Nothing influences people more than a recommendation from a trusted friend. A trusted referral influences people more than the best broadcast message. A trusted referral is the Holy Grail of advertising.” – Mark Zuckerberg, Facebook CEO


Floors By Tomorrow
Auth Rep of Empire Today
Sales Trainer
720-371-2000
Connect with me online:


No comments:

Post a Comment