Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Do-ers: Todays Kudos & Encouragement (Weds 8-26-15)



Good Morning Do-ers,
Thank you goes out to our bosses, bosses, boss (Robert Nemoy) for the guest post in today’s K&E.  This goes to show, even when we are flying from one market to another, in order to help others out, one can always be encouraging themselves, reading, learning and self motivating in order to continue growing as a Rep, Mgr & Business Owner. Thank you for leading by such a great example Rob.

John O’Leary
This inspirational speaker knows the life-changing power of perspective.
When I was 9 years old, I walked into my parents’ garage early on a Saturday morning and lit a piece of cardboard on fire. Afterward, I walked over to a 5-gallon can of gasoline and tried to pour it on the flames. It caused an enormous explosion that left me with burns on 100 percent of my body. The night my fingers were amputated, the surgeon came into my room. He walked me through some of the things I wouldn’t be able to do anymore but with a caveat. He said, “Maybe you can’t be a court reporter, but you can be a judge. Maybe you can’t be a carpenter, but you can run a construction company. Maybe you can’t play pro baseball, but you can be a GM.” He reminded me that even though what I had lost was great, the best was still yet to come. It’s about owning your struggles, accepting what you can’t change, and pursuing what you can with all you’ve got.

Get Over It
Want to achieve our goals? Don’t let excuses stand in our way.
What’s the difference between trying and doing?
“Each is a valuable state of mind, but oftentimes we confuse the two,” says Bernard Roth, author of The Achievement Habit: Stop Wishing, Start Doing, and Take Command of Your Life. “In a ‘trying’ mindset, we may set a goal and accomplish it with no problem; however, if we encounter obstacles, we’re likely to be easily defeated. In a ‘doing’ mindset, we find a way around those obstacles no matter what. The difficulty is when we tell ourselves we’re in a doing mindset and we’re not.”
What prevents us from achieving our goals?
“The simple answer is reasons. We have to have reasons in life to be a reasonable person, but they get in the way when we use them to let ourselves off the hook. They become excuses. We end up putting boundaries around ourselves and blaming everyone else for why they’re there. Achievement is about personal responsibility—being honest with ourselves, identifying our intentions, and giving them the necessary attention.”
Where should I start?
“Be aware of how we use reasons to justify our behavior. Next, practice not using them. For example, simply telling someone we won’t be able to attend an event and leaving it at that. By abandoning reasons, or excuses, we become more mindful of our actions, thus empowering ourselves to set realistic goals and achieve them.” 
Anything else I can do?
“Watch our language. Use ‘I won’t’ instead of ‘I can’t’ because usually that’s the truth. Replace ‘but’ with ‘and,’ these small changes will help us reframe the way we look at things we perceive as blocking ourselves.”

Example: Excuse or Reason? As we all know, Tuesdays require a completely different schedule/routine from each of us. The office meeting requires us to adjust our schedule for that one day. It is because of this adjustment that I seem to not be able to create the time needed to get these K&E’s out. Again, I apologize, but let me ask your opinions, is that an excuse or reason? Either way, here are Tuesdays & Wednesdays K&E.

“Never forget what you are, for surely the world will not. Make it your strength. Then it can never be your weakness. Armor yourself in it, and it will never be used to hurt you.” - Game Of Thrones

Dan Thompson
Floors By Tomorrow
Auth Rep of Empire Today
Sales Trainer
720-371-2000
Connect with me online:

No comments:

Post a Comment