Saturday, June 20, 2015

Cheaters: Todays Kudos & Encouragement (Sat 6-20-15)



Good Morning Cheaters,

This month I decided to hop back on the Self-Gen train with renewed vigor. I mean, why not, it’s the busiest season of the year.  My thoughts are, going fishing is a great way to relax (and get a sunburn), but when it comes to feeding my family, “shooting fish in a barrel” is the obvious answer. Unfortunately, as we start to run all these Self Gen appointments, it does come at the cost of not having the time to handle more company leads, but the good news is, the Self Gens help us and the company. It’s a total win-win for all of us. I could say I’m doing this because of the current $250 contest, but since they don’t think it is fair for mgmt to be eligible, that’s not my motivation. This just makes GREAT business sense. Me & Nike agree on this one point – JUST DO IT.

So we can all segregate ourselves as Baby Boomers(45 – 64), Gen X (65 – 80) & Gen Y (80’s – 2000’s), or we can all come together (Kumbaya moment) and be Self-Genners. I’m sorry – was that cheesy? I had to get it out of me.

Seriously though, in case we have forgotten, write down the items on Jay’s Wheel Of Fortune and start doing them again. If I did a briefcase check, would I find marketing material that we are handing out multiple times a day?
Also we can:
1. Book time in our calendar to prospect every day
2.  Find and focus on our target market
3.  Actively work our past quotes
4.  Ask for referrals
4. Build our social media presence (or don’t – I’ve generated 4 leads this month from Yelp alone – cost - $0)
5. Send our thank you notes
6.  Follow up, follow up, follow up

Back in the day – Jay used to say, “It’s all about communication” & “call, text, fax” or “call, call, fax”, well, that’s what we still have to do for company leads.

Additionally, in order to generate the self gens we need to C.H.E.A.T. “call, hand-out, email, ask & thank.

Floors By Tomorrow
Auth Rep of Empire Today
Sales Trainer
720-371-2000
Connect with me online:

No comments:

Post a Comment